Digital Innovation Hub for ArTificial InTelligence and High-PeRformAnce CompuTing
ATTRACT DIH (Digital Innovation Hub for
ArTificial InTelligence and High-PeRformAnce CompuTing @ Portugal) believes
that digital transformation, namely solutions based on AI and HPC, will
represent important business opportunities at the international level, for
companies and technological sectors, allowing significant qualitative leaps in
the performance of organisations.
ATTRACT DIH’s mission is to promote and support experimentation, testing, development and adoption of solutions using Artificial Intelligence and HPC, as well as to address training needs, while boosting the innovation ecosystem in these fields, towards achieving significant improvements in the performance of organisations and reaching important sales volumes of national solutions in the international market.
ATTRACT DIH aims to support the digital transition underway in Portugal, with special emphasis on AI and HPC. To this end, it will act as a fully qualified access point (one-stop-shop) to support companies, especially SMEs, and Public Administration (PA), in the design, development and adoption of methodologies and solutions exploring the potential of AI and HPC, making available the main Portuguese competence centres in these fields.
ATTRACT DIH aims to work on both the supply and demand sides, in order to accelerate and increase the impact of these technologies, by supporting the development of new technologies and solutions that address the needs of SMEs and PA and, at the same time, to support the end users to adopt them.
Main specific objectives
- Support the design, development and validation of new products and services that benefit from AI or HPC.
- Promote the dissemination and adoption of solutions based on AI or HPC, including the implementation of demonstrators of said technologies.
- Support the establishment of new companies to develop or explore solutions based on AI or HPC.
- Promote the capacity-building of human resources from companies, PA and R&D entities.
- Promote and develop innovation ecosystems that include the areas of AI or HPC, while facilitating and promoting the access of companies and public entities to the European network of Digital Innovation Hubs, thus favouring the exchange of experiences and knowledge at European level, as well as the development of joint projects.
Concept and Services
- INESC TEC – Instituto de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computadores, Tecnologia e Ciência
- DTx – Associação Laboratório Colaborativo em Transformação Digital
- DSPA – Data Science Portuguese Association
- Universidade Nova de Lisboa – FCT
- Unive rsidade da Beira Interior
- Universidade de Coimbra
- Universidade de Évora
- Universidade de Lisboa – FCUL
- Universidade de Lisboa – IST
- Universidade de Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro
- Universidade do Minho
- Universidade do Porto
- Instituto Politécnico de Bragança
- Instituto Politécnico do Cávado e Ave
- Instituto Politécnico de Leiria
- Instituto Politécnico do Porto
- INL – International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory
- IPN – Instituto Pedro Nunes
- LNEC – Laboratório Nacional de Engenharia Civil
- Vortex – Associação para o Laboratório Colaborativo em Sistemas Ciber-físicos e Ciber-segurança
- AIP – Associação Industrial Portuguesa